Monday, July 14, 2014

Eye of the (Servant) Tiger

Hi everyone!

I leave for Jacksonville in just a few days now and I wanted to share my philosophy of the "crown."  Yes, I am going into Mrs. International feeling ready and prepared (with the Eye of the Tiger)...but ready for what???  The truth is, if you are going in to win a CROWN, you will be sorely mistaken when you realize, if you win, that there is a 365-day job waiting for you after that crowning moment.  For me, the exciting part of being Mrs. International is the road ahead after I am (fingers crossed!) crowned.  I can't wait to work hand-in-hand with the PR firm to expand the sphere of influence for the Alzheimer's Association. 

So, I am prepared to SERVE, to SUPPORT, to PROMOTE, to MAKE PEOPLE FEEL LOVED and APPRECIATED, all knowing that the crown is never about ME.  It is always about those who you can touch and impact (and in reality, they make a much larger impact on your life too!)

For that reason, I am going into the Mrs. International Pageant with a servant's heart and mind, with the backing of the millions of people plagued by Alzheimer's disease, those that we have lost to the illness, and the family members who love and care for them. 

I am so proud to represent California with the "Eye of the (Servant) Tiger!"



Lots of love,
Christy Van Der Westhuizen
Mrs. California International 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment